This week, I’m excited to feature a cocktail based on Taryn from E.M. Wright’s YA Steampunk novel SEDITION, available now!
In the description of the character, I loved the idea of using her favorite earl grey tea as a base flavor in the drink, while also referencing her copper clockwork arm in the color. Plus, it’s all metallic and shimmery!
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1.5 oz Earl Grey Raspberry Syrup (prep beforehand)
- ½ C sugar
- ½ C water
- earl grey tea (2tbsp loose leaf in a strainer, or about 4-5 tea bags)
- 1 C raspberries
- Heat water and sugar on stove on medium heat until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Remove from heat, then add tea and berries.
- Let steep as it cools for 45 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a bottle and refrigerate.
- ¾ oz lemon
- Dash orange bitters
- ⅛-¼ tsp Gold shimmer/luster dust
(Optional, used only for visual effect. I used Signature Drink Lab’s Shimmer Dust, but you can use any edible luster dust designed for cake decorating)
- Raspberry or luxardo cherry (for garnish)
- Add all except shimmer dust to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Pour into coupe or sour glass.
- Sprinkle in shimmer dust, stir.
- Garnish with a raspberry or luxardo cherry on a skewer
Thanks so much to E.M. for letting me build a cocktail around Taryn!
You can find E.M. online here: